Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Been Some Time

I know that I haven't written anything in awhile.  My wife is so much better at keeping up with her blog at withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com.  I actually haven't done much I would consider interesting.  Mostly getting up going to work and coming home, mostly writing grants and acclimating to the university.  We have only been on two real day trips.  The first we went on a drive across False Bay and visited one of the two African Penguin colonies on South Africa's mainland.  On the second trip we went to a restaurant called the Brass Bell (http://www.brassbell.co.za/) in Kalk Bay.  The food was good, I especially enjoyed the calamari (best I've ever eaten).  Unfortunately the mood was soured when we were forced to wait an inordinate amount of time to pay for our bill.  We cheered ourselves up by going to the Muizenberg beach where I saw surfers, for the first time, in their natural habitat.  I'll try to do better.

1 comment:

  1. Penguins! Surfers! calamari! cool! also grant writing is good work if you can get it is what i hear

    ReplyDelete