Monday, February 7, 2011

Everything Mostly Falling in Place

In about a week or so my wife and I will be flying to Cape Town and our little girls will be on their way sleeping in Houston Texas or Amsterdam.  It looks like everything is starting to fall into place.  The movers came in a few days ago and packed up our stuff and loaded it on a truck in less than four hours.  They did forget to pack a few things, like our wine rack, and packed things they shouldn't have, like my keys, but all in all they were very friendly and efficient people.  I guess I will not be turning in my keys to the U of A anytime soon.   

On a disappointing note, I will not be taking Helga.  She will not be going on road trips through South African wine country or taking me on adventures to the Serengeti Plain.  She will have to settle for staying in North America and be our vacation motorcycle if she is not sold in the next week.  We have been very busy and the next post just might be from Cape Town.

For a more complete story of our more recent life, you might want to visit my wife's posting at
http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com/2011/02/now-what.html

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Thanks for the link to the other blog!

    Sorry to hear about Helga. Whatever happened with the jeep?

    ReplyDelete