Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recon

Over a week ago, a friend showed us a flat they are moving out of. I really like the kitchen and bath, and I think we can afford to live there. The only problem is that the place is a few neighborhoods away from work and I really like to walk or bike. A friend told me about a trail which goes most of the way so I decided to check it out. The Google Maps video below (sorry you have to download the Google Earth plugin)roughly follows the run. Parts of the run were really nice, going through the edge of the Newlands Forest and other parts followed the sidewalk next to a busy street. I think that it would be a doable commute, but not on a daily basis. Too bad the whole way isn't bike friendly. If more of the way was like the trail close to UCT, I definitely would be hounding my wife about moving there. Unfortunately I would have to deal with traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment