Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dissertation Submitted and Dog Crates

I submitted my dissertation yesterday.  I wish I could say that the light is at the end of the tunnel, but there is still so much work to do.  I have to defend it next Wednesday, and I will likely have revisions to write and resubmit to the committee.  Upon final approval by the committee I still have to submit it to the University.  All this has to happen before I leave for Cape Town.  This doesn't count all the moving to South Africa related work which needs to be done.  Nevertheless, I did have a few celebratory beverages with my fellow researchers in the lab; when we ran out of beverages in the lab we continued celebrating at the Aulde Dubliner on University Avenue.  Some of the pressure has decreased as of yesterday.  Not only did I submit my dissertation, I also found out that I don't have to start teaching in early February.  The people at the University failed to mention that the department foresaw me arriving in Cape Town after the beginning of the semester and planned around that.

  The pictures below are my girls getting acclimated to their brand new travel crates.


No comments:

Post a Comment