Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saying Goodbye and Vehicles

My wife and I have started saying goodbye to people we will likely not see again before we leave for Cape Town.  Yesterday we said goodbye to my sister and my niece and today we said goodbye to my wife's grandmother.  Although we might see my sister if she decides to visit, we will likely not see my wife's grandmother until we come back to the states for a visit.  It's difficult to think about how very far away we will be from our loved ones.  I truly hope this move won't be too difficult for either of us.

On another note, looking at vehicles on the internet which we might want to purchase in South Africa is both exciting and discouraging.  Currently I'm very interested in the variety of small 4X4's available with diesel engines.  Not only because they are not available in the US but because the little diesels should perform well off-road.  However, the cost of these vehicles in South Africa is discouraging.  When a Ford Ranger costs more than a full size truck, it makes me think that I will be driving a Hyundai Accent or an equivalent vehicle.  I'll be stuck in Cape Town and won't be going on safari on the weekends.    

No comments:

Post a Comment