Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Going Away Party

Today my wife and I had our first going away party.  I spent the afternoon eating steak and talking with my wife's coworkers.   For once, the conversation was not centered around work; I don't think I heard anything about clients or complaints about paperwork.  It was kind of refreshing. 

Somehow, it doesn't feel like we are really moving from Tucson.  This feeling is probably due to the fact that we still do not know when we are leaving.  We are still waiting for approval of a work permit.  Currently, our packet is at the South African Consulate General in Los Angeles and according to the administrators at UCT we should hear by Monday.  The reason for this Monday estimate is that our paperwork packet was delivered a week ago and UCT claims it takes them about a week.  I hope the Martin Luther King doesn't extend the time it takes to process our paperwork and that there are no problems with the paperwork.  Moving may have felt more real to my wife since she already quit her job and is saying good bye to them professionally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment