Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thoughts

The last post was about the new year and it started a string of thoughts.  I just realized that the 2000's was a rather unadventurous decade for me.  Besides starting college, meeting my wife, and being accepted to graduate school, the decade was rather uneventful.  I'm sure I could have finished school a few years ago.  I guess it was rather easy to get comfortable going to school and being hypnotized by the steady rhythm of that life, get up, go to school, come home, and repeat.  Not to say that I don't consider my collegiate exploits accomplishments, not every kid growing up below the poverty line gets to go to college much less graduate school, but somehow they don't seem to count as great adventures.  This perception of not counting college as an adventurous activity is probably rooted in the idea that most people in this country of any means just expect their kids to just do that. Looking back, it seems like the last big adventure I took was in 1995 when I joined the army and served as an infantryman in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

That ended in 1999, I think I'm overdue for one. 

1 comment:

  1. Boy can I relate to this one. :) Life is muted in graduate school.

    ReplyDelete